Thursday, December 29, 2011

Marathon Training Day 4

Day 4: It is a pretty cold morning, so I am opting to run indoors again. I will log 3 miles today. I am going to work on my pace as this is an important component to a good race for me. I personally do not start out of the gate going as fat as I can. Doing so depletes me and I do not have anything left for the big finish.

Someone has asked "When do you Stretch?" I stretch a bit before I run, just to warm up my muscles and I stretch really well after, when my muscles are tight and need to be loosened up. What kind of stretching you ask? I am a huge fan of Yoga stretching. It works for me.
I use a DVD at home. Yoga for Athletes with Rodney Yee are my favorites. I purchased mine through Amazon. It is also available at Gaiam.com. The DVD is for all athletes whatever your sport. It has a short 15 min program (for before you run) and a longer program (for after you run).

Tip of the day: Find a routine that works for you and stretch! Your body will thank you!

Well I am off to run. Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment