Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jazzing Up Your Pancakes

So who does not like great pancakes on a weekend morning? I know my family does. I like to make all kinds of pancakes by adding a variety of ingredients. 
I do not usually make pancakes from a box or bag but this morning I decided to try Arrowhead Mills Organic Oat Bran Pancake and Waffle mix. I followed the directions on the bag. I did however make a couple of substitutions. Instead of using a whole egg as directed I used two egg whites and I also used low- fat vanilla soymilk in place of regular soymilk. 
I then added a few of my own extra’s I chopped up a 1/4 cup of walnuts and added raspberries to a batch of pancakes and blue berries to a batch of pancakes. When the pancakes are ready to serve I pour a tablespoon of real maple syrup over them! 
Start with your own pancake mix and have fun with it. Do not be afraid to try out your own add ins. Fruit and nuts are always a terrific start.

Here are a few more wonderful additions:
  • Strawberries
  • Bananas
  • Almonds
  • Pistachios
  • Carob chips
Try something new. You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment