Monday, January 9, 2012

Clean Eating- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Day 8: It has been a busy 2 days in my kitchen but, I think I am ready for the next couple of weeks!

After inputting a ton of recipes onto the computer, I decided to give the notion of cooking ahead a try. We have sliced, diced, chopped, baked, and left the crock pot on low to cook away. I portioned and bagged up snacks, made breakfast muffins and even made a few treats for the kids. I swear I made enough rice to feed an army.


It feels really good to know that everything that is waiting in the refrigerator and freezer for us is clean and wholesome, because we made it from ingredients that are good for us.

The kids are going to love being able to reach into the pantry or fridge and grab just what they need. I cannot wait to see what they pack for lunch!

Having dinners pretty much ready to go and in the freezer, except for fresh vegetables and salads is going to free up so much of our evening, allowing for more family time.

Here is my favorite recipe of the day.

 
Ingredients:
1/2 c. canola oil
1/3 c. plus 2 Tbsp. sucanat (a type of organic sugar)
1 egg white
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. water
2 c. rolled oats
2/3 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. raisins ( I used half raisins and half golden raisins)
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. In a bowl, mix oil and sucanat. Add egg white, vanilla and water and mix thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and mix until just blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Makes 3 dozen.

Nutritional information (per cookie): Calories: 70, Fat: 3.5 g., Carbs: 9 g., Protein: 1 g., Sugars: 4 g.

No comments:

Post a Comment