Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Clean Eating

Day 16: Have you ever entered your local grocery store, and found your self lured over to the deli? The aroma of fried chicken permeating your nose. Well, that is exactly were I found myself tonight.

My senses were on overload. I could see, hear, taste and smell that chicken. I was thinking nice green salad with chicken. I swear I would not eat one ounce of the outer crunchy layer. NOT! I am sure I would eaten every bite.

I then came to my senses. You silly girl, I said. You know you will eat the whole darn thing! You know you will feel sick afterwards. No way are you eating that! So off I went.

I ran from the deli quickly, gabbed my intended items and I was out of there. I knew I had an amazing meal waiting for me at home and I could not wait!
 
So what is this amazing meal you ask? Picadillo and clean cornbread. It was perfect for this wet cold evening.

Whew, I made it through another day and I feel great about my choice to run from the fried chicken, and stick with my clean soup!

You can find the recipes for all of these things under the recipe tab.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment