Sunday, January 15, 2012

Marathon Training - Becky's Indoor Track Etiquette

Day 21: What an awesome run. I am so excited to have finished 9 miles with out stopping!

Becky's running track etiquette: How many times have you been running indoors on a track and almost tripped over someone who steps out in front of you. Not fun. I have a few rules I like to follow.
  1. Walkers on the right, runners on the left.
  2. If you are walking and you get behind a slow moving walker, look behind you to make sure a runner is not coming by (they will run into you).
  3. Do not walk or run side by side. There is not enough room for some one walking or running to get around you.
  4. Always give way to the faster runner or walker.
  5. Please no small kids walking on the track (I have personally tripped over a small child, hated this for them and me).
  6. Do not stop suddenly in the middle of the track, again someone will run into you.
  7. Stretch before you step onto the track, not in the middle of it.
I hope these rules help us all have an injury free work out!

My dear mom just added #8. If you are at the Y, make sure you travel with the flow, not against it!



No comments:

Post a Comment