Thursday, January 19, 2012

Clean eating - Anniversary Dinner

Day: 18 What a wonderful day! My husband and I enjoyed a nice meal at Ted's Montana Grill. We were celebrating twenty one years of marriage. How awesome is that!

I love to go to Ted's on a special occasion such as this, because it is easy to get a clean meal.

To start, they bring out cucumbers as an appetizer. For dinner,  I chose a delicious buffalo filet, plain baked sweet potato and steamed broccoli. They do cook their broccoli in butter but when I asked if I could have my broccoli steamed, no butter, they were happy to do so.

I never thought I would enjoy buffalo. I decided to try it about a year ago. I wanted to have someone else cook it for me before I decided to cook it myself. It is like butter melting in your mouth. Here is a great article I found on the benefits of eating buffalo.
http://www.thehealthycookingcoach.com/2009/06/the-benefits-of-eating-buffalo.html

I am so excited for lunch tomorrow because as you know restaurant food is generally enough for two days.

We skipped dessert. Not on the Clean Eating Plan (we were both OK with this, we are not really dessert eaters).  Not to worry though, I was prepared. I had a couple squares of dark chocolate frozen to our liking - Yum!

All in all, what a lovely evening with the man of my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment