Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chit Chat For Fun

Have you ever just had a super fun weekend? 

My boys went camping with the boy Scouts, so that just left the two of us girls to PLAY!

Friday night, the weather was so miserable we decided to stay in with our favorite pizza and a few senseless shows on Netflix. We ended up having our own camp out in the living room.

Saturday I got up early and made eggs and oatmeal. I do not always have time for this so it was a nice treat. I headed out to my Tri class, while Allison got ready for our fun day. When I came back from class I surprised her with her favorite treat, A Chai Tea Latte and we headed out.

We headed to IKEA. Have you ever been there? I could just move right in! Allison and I had so much fun. We took pictures, designed rooms for our house. We are working on turning her room into more of a grown up style. Can not wait to get started! Any tips for a cool beach theme?

We headed to the prom dress store next. Disaster! Way to many people, dresses and to much fluff. We were out of there. She has never liked all that itchy stuff as she used to call it.  Allison usually orders her dresses online, to great success.

Any tips from moms out there on how to buy a dresses successfully?

Then we headed to see a movie. Have you seen We Bought A Zoo? It is an adorable movie. The little girl just steals your heart. I did not know it was a true story!

We ended the night at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Allison ordered her favorite vegetarian dinner and I had an awesome salad.

I simple love the times I get to spend with my children, whether they are together or just one on one.
This was truly one of my favorite weekends.

What are your favorite things to do over a weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Just what is your favorite Mexican restaurant? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Mexican restaurant is La Parilla. The food is always fresh and they are so willing to make a change or two, within reason of course.
    I love their grilled shrimp, chicken and steak salad served on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes, sliced avocado and a bit of Monterrey jack cheese. It comes in a crispy shell. I have them keep the shell and I ask for no sour cream.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete