Sunday, January 22, 2012

Clean Eating - Larabars


                                                

Day 21: So, I have been searching high and low for a clean eating snack bar. I came across a couple of blog posts about Larabars and decided to give one a try. Delicious!

They are all natural. They have about 210 calories, 11 g. fat, 18 g. sugar, and 5 g. protein. A little high in sugar but, it is not an artificial sugar. I tried the gingersnap one today after my run.

The ingredient list is so simple.
  • Dates
  • Almonds
  • Pecans
  • Ginger
  • Cinamon
  • Cloves
That is it! The Larabar I tried tasted just like a gingersnap.

Now we all know it is best to make them ourselves. So, while searching for Larabar info,  I came across a couple of great recipes over at Clean Eating Online.
  • Very Cherry: 1/4 c. dates, 1/4 c. dried cherries or cranberries, 1/3 c. whole pecans, almonds, or walnuts, 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
  • Cashew Cookie Dough: 1/3 c. dates, 1/2 c. raw cashews
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 1/3 c. dates, 1/2 c. raw cashews, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, pinch of cinnamon, 1/2 oz. finely chopped semisweet chocolate
  • Blueberry Bliss: 1/4 c. dried blueberries, 1/4 c. dates, 1/3 c. almonds, 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest, 1 drop almond extract.
Note: Make sure to use roughly chopped whole dates, not pre-chopped for these recipes.

 I am definitely going to make a few of these.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, those were awesome, I mean like Cliff-Bar awesome. They were that good.

    ReplyDelete